Our reigning Champion is on fire! This is Vijay Singh’s year as he captured his first PGA TOUR Champions major at the Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship on Sunday, July 15. This is Singh’s third PGA TOUR Champions win and second this year.
Recent highlights on the PGA TOUR Champions include:
- In advance of Father’s Day, Tom Lehman gave himself quite a present – a weekend with his daughter in scenic Des Moines capped by his Principal Charity Classic victory, all with her on the bag.
- Scott McCarron closed with an 8-under 64 for a one-stroke victory over hometown player Jerry Kelly at the American Family Insurance Championship.
- David Toms overcame an eventful week to win at the U.S. Senior Open, which is his first triumph since 2011 on the PGA TOUR.
As of the Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship, the current top 10 on the Charles Schwab Money List include:
- Jerry Kelly – $1,515,402
- David Toms – $ 1,399,339
- Miguel Angel Jimenez – $1,170,683
- Bernhard Langer – $1,118,439
- Scott McCarron – $1,104,390
- Paul Broadhurst – $1,087,308
- Vijay Singh – $1,050,093
- Steve Stricker – $926,235
- Tim Petrovic – $916,421
- Joe Durant – $800,722
More great golf is in store this season as parity is finally unfolding on the PGA TOUR Champions. Stay tuned for these upcoming events.
- The Senior Open Championship presented by Rolex: July 26 – 29
- 3M Championship: August 3 – 5
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Open: August 17 – 19
- Boeing Classic: August 24 – 26