If you’re new to golf or even if you’re not, here are some guidelines to ensure an enjoyable, fun, and safe experience for you and your fellow spectators.
- Stay behind the gallery ropes and follow the marshal’s directions at all times
- Do not cross fairways except at designated crosswalk areas
- Always look both ways before crossing a cart path
- Be considerate of others and kneel or sit if you find yourself in the front row of the gallery
- Walk carefully, never run
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Remain silent through each shot and do not move until all players in the group have played or holed out
- Children under 12 should be kept at a safe distance while play is in progress. Parents should take extra precautionary measures when choosing a viewing location
- Watch the tournament “Parade Style” by picking a spot and watching the field pass by or “Cross-Country Style” by following a particular player or group around the course
- In the event of an emergency, contact any uniformed tournament Marshal or Newport Beach police personnel in order to expedite medical assistance
To provide the PGA TOUR professionals with an environment free of interruptions, autographs are not allowed during Tournament play. After the conclusion of play, golfers may sign autographs at their option. Please respect the players’ on-course concentration and do not ask them for autographs during their rounds.
Mobile Device Rules and Regulations
Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
Please see the back of your ticket for the complete terms of the Spectator Mobile Device Policy. The ticket back language is also located here: www.pgatour.com/ticketterms
What to Bring
To help you enjoy a day of world-class golf at the Hoag Classic, we’ve compiled a list of things you should bring to Newport Beach Country Club.
- A comfortable pair of shoes are a must.
- Be prepared with appropriate clothing for sudden weather changes. Wear clothes and rain gear for stormy weather, and headgear, sunglasses and sun block for sunny weather.
- Cell phone. They are allowed as long as they are on silent.
- Cameras are permitted on Wednesday and Thursday, but they are prohibited once the tournament starts on Friday.
- A chair or an umbrella. While not necessary, these are permitted. But leave the cases or covers in your car. The cases are prohibited.
Neither the Hoag Classic nor the PGA TOUR will be responsible for any damages to, or loss of, any confiscated items.
What to Leave Behind
The following items are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated:
- Backpacks, packages or other carry items larger than six square inches. This ban also includes camera carrying cases and coolers.
- Radios or other noise producing devices, even if they are turned off or vibrate.
- Alcoholic beverages, nonalcoholic beverages or food may not be brought into or taken from the golf course property.
- Firearms or weapons of any kind.
- Folding armchairs, lawn chairs or ladders.
- Sharp pointed objects or objects with stakes.
- Golf clubs or bags.
- Signs or banners.
- Selfie sticks.
- Cameras or video recorders are not permitted during official competition rounds Friday – Sunday. Cameras are permitted on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Hover boards.
All bags are subject to search.